Frode was born in 1975 in Egersund, Norway. Early on he showed an interest in music, and at the age of 4 he got his first piano lessons. Soon after he started playing saxophone in the school marching band, and from then on music was to become a major part of his life for the next 30 years.
In 1998, after completing his studies at the music academy in Trondheim, he moved to Oslo where he started his career as a professional jazz musician.
He has toured/performed with international stars such as Chick Corea, Michael Brecker, Danilo Perez, Dave Holland, Maria Schneider, Django Bates a.o. In Norway he has collaborated with a.o Oslo Jazz Ensemble, Urban Connection, Espen Rud, Karin Krog, Bjørn Alterhaug, Jon Balke, Kaizers Orchestra, Jan Eggum, Silje Nergaard and many more. He has participated on more than 40 albums, out of which three has won the Norwegian Grammy Award for best album of the year.
In 2007, Frode withdrew from the musical scene due to health reasons. In 2010 he started studying Psychosynthesis, and from then on his life started to change significantly. After one year of studying, Frode continued studying eastern philosophy in general and Buddhism in particular. The driving force was the urge to find peace within himself – to get a better understanding of the human psychology.
After a short re-visit on the musical scene in 2017, he stopped performing in 2018. While waiting for the next chapter of his life to reveal itself, he spends his time talking with people about the different aspects of life and how to better get in touch with the truth within.
- Assistant at the Nordland Hospital, mental health department (2019-2020)
- Full time professional jazz musician (1998 – 2018)
- Studies at the Trondheim Music Academy (1994 – 1998)
- 1 year basic training in Psychosynthesis at HumaNova, Oslo (including developmental psychology, psychosynthesis – theory and method, psychotherapeutic integrative theory and method, group- and prosess theory, cognitive theory and method, transpersonal psychology)
- Certified Mindfulness Instructor, Nordic Coach & NLP Academy
- 10 week Hinayana way introduction course at Paramita Meditation Center, Oslo
- Private studies of eastern philosophy
Photo: Cecilie Roedland